Genie Ventures is looking for an experienced Sage Line 50 Purchases Ledger Assistant to join our finance team in Cambridge. This is a part time position at 30 hours per week with flexible working arrangements.
Genie Ventures is a fast-growing tech-led digital marketing and publishing company which owns and operates brands including Broadband Genie, Office Genie and Genie Shopping. It also owns Genie Goals a high-growth, high performance digital marketing agency specialising in paid search, paid social and email marketing for the retail sector. The Genie businesses work closely with global brands including Google, Amazon, Sky and Virgin Media.
We have a multinational staff of more than 50 fantastic people and operate principally in the UK, European and US markets. We love the internet – which means we love what we do. We’re never happier than when we’re innovating, pushing the boundaries and moving the company forward. We’re experts at what we do because everyone at Genie is driven to succeed by their own enthusiasm, but that makes it a fun place to be. We’re encouraged to experiment which creates an infectious sense of ambition around the place – and best of all, it’s a philosophy that’s working, with a £4+ million turnover that’s rising fast.
Reporting into the Financial Controller; you will be responsible for the Purchase Ledger duties within the Finance team, and will work independently to ensure that all payments are reconciled, tracked and paid on time. There will also be opportunities to be involved in some of the other accounting / finance duties.
As Purchase Ledger Assistant you will:
- Input PL invoices
- Manage Concur expense system and expense claims
- Payment runs to suppliers
- Manage direct debits and process
- Bank reconciliation
- Maintain bank and credit card bookkeeping entries on Sage (multi currency)
- Dealing with internal, customer and supplier queries
- Monitoring of entertainment expenses
- Various monthly reporting/data entry (Excel)
- Assistance with various Excel based reconciliations in support of the monthly and annual accounts
- Assist FC in other duties as required
What we offer:
- Flexible working with a generous holiday allowance & pension scheme
- A genuine chance to grow and shape your own career path
- World class training (in-house and accredited) & wellness programmes
- Perks including free fruit, posh tea & coffee, and table football